Just Let It Go...

Have you ever been in a situation where someone or something gets you really upset and you want to tell them how you feel or take some sort of action?  When it happens and it's one of those things that you absolutely do not agree with and you stand there and think "how do I make sure they know that this is just not right?"

Well, something similar happened last week.  My daughter and I were waiting in one of those long lines at a big bulk-type grocery store.  Every checkout line was at least three customers deep.  So my daughter and I waited patiently.  And then like magic, one of the closed cash registers opened up and my daughter and I got all excited about maybe getting called to move up.  There was a fifth and a sixth customer behind us.  And for whatever reason, the guy behind us just felt like it was his turn to run over without even having the courtesy to ask whether we would like to go.  That was not cool. 

Part of me wanted to go talk to him about the right thing to do next time.  Part of me wanted to go talk to the cash rep to let them know how they should handle these type of situations.  But I just stood there, thinking, analyzing, and then for some reason I just let go of my control and told myself to just "let it go".

For the past five weeks, I have been doing a bible study titled Let It Go by Karen Ehman.  It has been a great experience and I have had to really look at myself and think about all those little changes I have had to tweak related to this area.  I know I am not perfect.  And I know that I am a work in progress.  But now more than ever, I know that in so many situations that I run up against, I really need to pause, I need to think, and I need to tell myself to just let it go.

Recently, I have been keeping a daily journal of what I am thankful for.  And for many reasons too - a nice Spring, rain, smoothies, hot sweaty runs.  And today, I am truly thankful for having a wonderful group of women at my church that encourage me to be there with them and study the word of God.  I so enjoy my Tuesday mornings of great fellowship and support. These ladies help me dig deep to letting go of those certain sticky moments so that I can make more time for things that actually matter.   They are always there and push me to have a plan on Tuesday mornings.  I thank them for helping me with the lessons and advice on letting go of my control so that I can incorporate these lessons at home on my beautiful family, some very special friendships, as well as on myself.

Is there something that you have been struggling with and you just need to 'let it go"? 


A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back. Proverbs 29:11




Comments

Popular Posts